Okay, we’re not talking about just an adjustable set of dumbbells here. We’re talking about going all out, creating the ultimate home gym, when you have the cash for all the flash. Buy lottery tickets, marry into a famous family with mucho dinero (with the early dismissal of Kris Humphries, there’s a possible opening in the Kardashian clan!), or do whatever you can to get the big bucks. You’d need it for a construction project of this magnitude.
Ultimate, Extravagant, Upper-Class Home Gyms
This is the stuff dreams are made of, for luxury work-outs and six-pack abs made the comfortable way. These spaces have everything computer-designed for ergonomically-correct muscular development, even ambient lighting that minimizes the look of your enlarged pores while you’re working up a sweat. The most extravagant home gyms have everything you could possibly want for your workout plan:
- Weight racks
- His-n-hers treadmills
- Rock-climbing wall
- Basketball court
- Ridiculously huge built in aquarium
- Jacuzzi with your basic light therapy, aroma therapy, and a built-in stereo for your basic face-melting electric guitar riff therapy (Cue “Barracuda” by Heart)
- Fully-stocked wet bar with health drinks, refrigerator, microwave, adjustable stools, granite countertops, and custom cabinetry
- His-n-hers showers with dressing rooms
- High-end audio-visual electronics (wall-mounted big screen TV, surround sound, 6-disc CD changers, Wi-Fi capability so you can surf the net and diversify your stock portfolio while you diversify your workout routine, etc.)
- Architectural features, such as windows that let in the daylight, but become opaque for privacy at the touch of a button (when you don’t want your gardener and pool boy to see your glistening, rock-hard body), and moveable glass walls that allow you to connect with nature and take your celebrity workout to the great outdoors (when you do want your gardener and pool boy to see your glistening, rock-hard body).
The “Architect of Anatomy”
Just for fun, check out five of the most insanely expensive, unneccessary, and downright obnoxious home gyms that only the rich and famous could even think about affording.
1. Kate Moss – The Best of Both Worlds
2. Tiger Woods – Privacy is Paramount
3. The Jewel of Maui – Vacation is no Excuse to Skip a Workout
4. Madonna – Raising the Roof (literally)
5. Tony Parker – A Basketball Paradise
Build your Own (mini) Luxury Gym
- Let’s start with the weight rack. The G3 Home Gym from Life Fitness will do nicely.
- Treadmills. They probably have two, so they can do couples training and can try to kick each other’s butts in pointless competition. The Life Fitness T7-0.
- Elliptical Cross-Trainers. They probably have a pair of these, too. Life Fitness X8 Elliptical Cross-Trainer.
- Dumbbells. Stars want the best. Iron Grip Urethane Dumbbells.
- A rock-climbing wall. Rockwerx has all kinds, even for residential applications!
- A plasma screen TV. 59” 3D-ready with built-in WiFi from Samsung.
- A curved aquarium. It’s something cool to look at when you’re jogging on the treadmill, and there’s nothing good on the tube. Aquarium-viewing lowers blood pressure and reduces stress levels. Because of coures everyone knows, stars have tremendously stressful lives, signing all those contracts and posing for the paparazzi.
- A home sauna. This one seats four.
- A wet bar, custom made and fully stocked. Nothing but the best, and it’s gotta be classy. Apex Cabinetry makes some stunning creations.